Friday, January 5, 2007

Captain Jack Sparrow

So I took Michelle Lasch's suggestion and went to see Night at the Museum at the IMAX. WOW was that a great movie. And what was so great about it was - well if I go into detail about what was great for us and you haven't seen it then it might ruin it for you. Ok, everyone knows that Robin Williams is in it. No secret, right? Well the part that he played completely intrigued Jacob. We came home and researched a bit about that person. It was inspiring to us. We had planned on seeing it last Tuesday anyway, but at the IMAX it was awesome. Thanks Michelle for the idea.



Ok, so later on the way home, we stopped to pick up our new puppy. Surprised? So are we. Ecstatic? Yes, we are. He is soooooo sweet. He is a little dachshund dapple male. Since we have been without Pierre for over a year, we have always known that we would get another dog, just not so sure when. I love the wiener dogs. They are so silly looking but oh my goodness are they fun and loving. We didn't want a big dog, and I wanted a dog that could snuggle during a movie on my lap. This is the one.



As far as the name.... well what else would we call our new dog? Captain Jack Sparrow. Jack for short. It was obvious to all four of us. I thought that was the coolest name and it was so appropriate for our family. But, when I called the vet to make his first appointment, she asked what the pet's name was. I blurt out "Ca....." then stopped. I could not say it. I felt so goofy. I am giggling now and I ask the receptionist if she saw "Pirates of the Caribbean". She says "yes, is his name Jack Sparrow?" I answer, "CAPTAIN..Jack Sparrow". She laughed and said that they have many patients named Jack Sparrow. Ok, then I don't feel so weird. Then she asks me "does he go by Captain or just Jack?" I lost it. I could not stop laughing. We are talking about a 5 pound hairy wiener dog (eeeuh that sounded gross) and she is trying to get the appropriate title. I told her that "Jack is fine".

He is cute, he is adorable, he chews, he poops when we don't want him to (too bad we lost the 36 rolls of TP when our van was stolen), he whines, he snuggles, and he likes his head on my shoulder. He is perfect. Except the pooping part. We are working on that.

3 comments:

tjep said...

I cannot believe it! Another wiener dog!!! I think it's...I mean..Captain Jack Sparrow...is adorable! I can't wait to meet him! :)

tjep said...

Also...we went to see NATM also! Loved it!

christy p said...

O MY GOODNESS....Jackie-poo is adorable. I wanna come see him!!!