Wednesday, January 17, 2007

FIRE SAFETY

What happens in Life Group, stays in Life Group, RIGHT???? Had a typical, somewhat quiet night of Life Group tonight. Not quite as loud as normal because Ben, Greg and Lenny were all elsewhere this evening. The evening got off to a great start when Pam announced that I was leaving my undies in view. I look over at her and she has my pink bra which was on the little red bench. Whhhaaat? How in the world did it get there? Oh I remember, that "precious" little furry wiener (sounds gross, I know) grabbed it earlier in the day and started gnawin' on it. Sarah took it from him but instead of putting back in the bedroom, put it on the little red bench in the middle of the living room. That's how Pam found it. THANK GOD Greg did not find it because who knows what scene would have ensued. Hey, it's all about being transparent in Life Group, right?

Then a few minutes later the smoke detector starts wailing. I go check the one in the front hallway that regularly beeps because of my cooking. That's not the one beeping. It is the one in bedroom hallway. Whhhaatt? (I seem to be perplexed more and more these days, hence the WWWHHHaaaaaattt?s) I had left a candle in on the bathroom counter. A hand towel was thrown back onto the counter too close to the candle. It had caught fire and started smokin'. Less than a quarter of the towel was even burned, but that is all it took to get our attention. Thankfully. we were home and it really was no big deal. But it was a HUGE reminder to make sure that there are working smoke detectors in the home.

The smell is still lingering. It isn't bad at all but I can not help but think how close it was to becoming a major problem. And too bad, the fireman of the house wasn't home. He was off being a hero.

Check this out about fire safety. Comes from a great source, I believe :)

SO PLEASE PLEASE CHECK ALL OF YOUR SMOKE DETECTORS TONIGHT!!!

4 comments:

tjep said...

"I'm sorry I missed an opportunity!"

"PS- I thought I saw something on the bench there, but I thought they were pillows!"

-Greg

DonnaG said...

You pig - I know what you are thinking. Those were pillows, the item in question was next to it.

Lori said...

Hey Donna, there's nothing that will bring a group closer together than sharing the unmentionables! Thanks for the smoke alarm reminder too!

christy p said...

Wow...You are so lucky!!! God must have been watching over you...I will check my detectors tonight!!