Thursday, March 15, 2007

Allergies

I have really bad seasonal allergies. Come February, I am taking Zyrtec and walking around with at least two or three tissues in my pocket. I sneeze ALL OF THE TIME and have a constant dripping from my nose and my eyes. It really is bad.

It seems like this past week has been particularly exhausting. Part of this condition is that my nose is either running and/or plugged up. Sleeping for me right now is not really resting. I can sleep, but I constantly wake up. Usually my mouth is dry and my tongue is sticking to the roof of my mouth. It is so gross.

My eyes are dripping. How disgusting is that? Especially my left eye. It is really dripping. And they itch itch itch. I can not wear mascara probably for another two months. When I put it on for church, I have to come home and immediately take it off after church because the watering and itchiness can not tolerate the mascara. I wind up looking like I have a black eye with a red eye. For a while, I thought I had pink eye because of the goo and itch and redness. But no, the rednedss and itchiness is just part of being allergic to something somewhere in the air. Something is blooming right now that does not agree with my sinuses.

And, my nose. My poor nose. It is soooo sore from blowing it, from rubbing it, from itching it. It is usually bright red. And it hurts sometimes not because it is running but because I keep touching it with a kleenex to catch the snot.

I look like I have just rolled out of bed nearly the whole day. I put powder and blush on and usually some lipstick. But after just a short time, all of it is rubbed off because of the constant touching of my face. I really look like Dawn of the Dead. It is gross. And my poor family. They have to listen to me sneeze, blow, wipe and sigh in exhaustion over this.

I have noticed too that this really takes a toll on my physically. I am tired all of the time. I have a headache almost every single day. And, bright light or glare is intolerable for me right now. I can hardly keep my eyes open to even concentrate on things around me. I am dozing in the middle of the day. Don't get me wrong. I love naps, but this is crazy.

Today I realized just how much of a toll these allergies are taking on me. At 9am (yes I know that is early. I told you that I am exhausted). I put my head down for a minute. I thought I was fully aware of everything around me. I could hear the neighbors outside and the radio in the bedroom. The next thing I knew, it was 11:20 am. I had slept through the FUNERAL OF MY FRIEND'S BROTHER. Yes, a friend of mine's, who is also in our Life Group, brother died last week. I had every intention of going to the funeral this morning. I SLEPT THROUGH IT.

I need help. I take Zyrtec which is super strong. But, I think I need something else. Do any of you suffer like this too? What do you do about it?

0 comments: