Monday, March 26, 2007

Coke VS Pepsi

Today I went into 7-11 (thank Heaven for 7-11) to get a refill. Now I am a regular in there. They all know me, I know all of their names, I even know some of the other customers in there. I know the Lay's distributor and the Coors delivery guy. By the way, I don't purchase anything from either manufacturer.

This morning, there was another distributor that I had never seen before. He was the Pepsi guy. When I brought my Super Mega Big Gulp up to the counter, he asked me what I had filled it with. I didn't even pay attention to his uniform as I obliviously replied, "Diet Coke of course." He made some funny comment and I looked up and realized why. So I tell him that I do like Pepsi (diet) but I really prefer Coke and I can taste the difference. Here is what he said to me.

"There is a difference. Pepsi is sweeter."

That is exactly what I have been telling people about my preference. I like Diet Coke better because, to me, it is more peppery and Diet Pepsi just tastes like syrup. There you have it. There is a difference and all of you out there that think we Diet Coke people are off our rocker....well, try it for yourself.

1 comments:

christy p said...

Well said. I LOVE diet coke. In fact, I would go as far to say I am a diet coke ADDICT. Case in point: When we go thru Taco Bell for dinner sometimes, I have to go thru McDonalds immediately after to get my diet coke. (They are right next to each other) I just can't stand Diet Pepsi. Didn't know I had a diet coke friend out there!