Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day 2007

When your kids are babies, the cards you get from them come with a little help from Dad.

But when your kids are older and able to put it all together themselves, super cool things come out of it. Not a massage or a new car on the driveway with a big red bow (Lenny, are you reading this?), but the absolutely adorable precious little handmade cards with all of the glue glops, crossed out misspelled words, slanting lines and splintered cutting made with the hugest heart ever. Those are my favorites.

I got of bunch of those.
Jacob made me a pop up card in school. I opened it up and out popped a bouquet of flowers. He was sooooo excited about the pop up part. He wrote all over the inside about how he felt about me. I smiled and cried over what he said. I love the way he is able to express himself.
And Sarah made me a card that grows. Check it out.
I will FOREVER and EVER keep these cards. These are the things I like. The things that I hope for on Mother's Day. Not the store bought cards with "Love, Jacob" (he doesn't do that by the way) or the token greeting. But the ones that are sloppy and messy and bursting with love and enthusiasm. The ones that show the heart. Love em!

Our city has a festival every year at a local park over Mother's Day weekend. When we got out of the car, Bob Koontz noticed the gum on the tire. I thought this was a great picture.

Ok, back to the park. There are booths, music, rides and goldfish games. Yesterday, the kids and I did it all. This year our church had a booth at the festival. We were taking pics with Pauly Penguin from the upcoming movie Surf's Up. Kids were able to make a balloon penguin, take their picture and their parents were learning about Life Center.

The kids had a great time on the rides that cost too much money... but they really loved limbo! How cute is that?

And, in the end, Jacob got that 12th ping pong ball in the teeny little jar and won three fish!! If you ask the kids, they will say that they had the best Mother's Day ever! :)

2 comments:

tjep said...

Those cards are too cute! I agree they are the best! And I love that little smirk of Jacob's!

christy p said...

Ahhhh.....those cards are so sweet. Good for Jacob winning those lil Nemo's!!!