Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Don't Want to Brag

Lenny and I celebrated 12 years of marriage this weekend. Believe me when I say, it still amazes me that we have made it this far. If you only knew......

Ok, so my husband brought home the most beautiful bouquet of roses for me.
Oh, and he bought me another little something. Under this bow was...............
THIS

Remember how sad I was about our previous van being stolen? Well, I am not so sad about it anymore. In fact, I feel a bit gleeful right now.

Actually we went to the dealer to see what they had. We had been searching for an Odyssey for a few months now. We knew exactly what we wanted, how much we were willing to pay and at this point, what was a good deal. You see, it helps when you do your homework. We had looked at so many and compared them so many times that when we saw this one MISMARKED on the lot, we knew it was ours. Norm Reeves couldn't do anything about it. We saw the incorrect price and they had to give it to us. We got a smokin' deal, got the seats we wanted, got the color I wanted, and it was happiness. Even the salesman was cool.

I have never bought a car from a dealer, never ever had a warranty and never had a car so pretty. Oh, and I have never paid so much for insurance either. Oh well.

God is good. I am soooo thankful that he gave me the patience and the fortitude to wait on him. To wait until we had peace over spending this much money. He is good and he always always comes through. Maybe not in my time, but always in his. Thank you God very much for my new van. I love you!

Happy Anniversary Lenny! I love you too!

7 comments:

Debbie said...

That's so great! Happy Anniversary! This one I'm sure you'll remember a long time. Now fellow readers - am I the only one nosey and dying to know the 'mismarked' price??!! :-)

christy p said...

WEll that was one INCREDIBLE anniversary. I am sooooooo thrilled for you Donna. How did you figure out it was mismarked? Did they try NOT to sell it to you at that price? Woohoo...go Gisberts. Congrats on the WONDERFUL 12 years. You should be VERY proud.

Write Speak Play said...

Congratulations! So Cool! You guys totally deserve it.
I loved the carpet - too funny. I alsoliked the post card you received.
I'm going to miss you!

Lori said...

Happy Anniversary Donna. You and Lenny really are a neat couple and great parents too. You're very inspiring to Alvin and me.

DonnaG said...

Hey Lori: thanks for the compliment but I think you meant "inspiring on what NOT to be."

tjep said...

Congratulations! On your wedded bliss AND the car!!! Ditto on all the comments here and also, you two are truly good people! I miss your emails!

Christy said...

We dont know each other but Rhonda Kane said I should read your "rants" because I just started a blog and I am married to a San Bernardino City Fire captain. She thought we would have some stories in common. :) Congrats on 12 years! We are at just over 10 and I hear ya; about making it that far?!??!! The thing is I want to finish strong not just get by ya' know? Have an awsome day and God bless you and your family today. Christy