Thursday, June 28, 2007



Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes: Suri is the Queen of the Castle
By Tina SimsJun 27, 2007

Tom Cruise and the fabulous Katie Holmes have their priorities straight. Even with busy lives they understand the number one person in the couple's life is the adorable baby Suri, Star Magazine reports. This week's issue cites a scene straight out of a Disney movie, but this is no family movie – it's just another day in the Cruise mansion, where Suri is the reigning queen.
Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes: Suri is the Queen of the Castle.

"Katie was off having lunch with a few girlfriends, and when she came home, Tom was in the playroom assembling an enormous castle amid a cluster of collectible Shrek figures!” A family friend tells Star, “Tom had taken Suri on a little shopping spree, and Tom kept giving in! He can’t say not to Suri."

Another insider tells Star that Katie was going through a toy catalog with Suri recently and everything she pointed to, Suri got! Not only that when the toys arrived, Suri got two lots of them – because unbeknownst to Katie, Tom’s mom had been playing the catalog game with Suri, too!

Suri’s big sister, Isabella, is the couple’s babysitter of choice, when the two want some alone time – she also works for a reasonable $15 per hour!

Suri who, by the way, got not just one but 16 birthday cakes on her first birthday on April 18, isn’t always even tempered. “Suri is a screamer for attention,” says an insider, “She tears books apart too. So they make sure she doesn’t have anything but plastic books. She rips pages like wild if she gets a real book.”


I read this article and had to thump my head. Here is what I came up with:
  • Lenny must be a terrible father because he can say no to a 15 month-old.


  • It has never occurred to me that when a 15 month-old points to a picture in the magazine, it must mean that she really wants that item.


  • My mother was so inattentive to my kids. She never played the catalogue game.


  • My kids got one birthday cake for their first birthday and only one. With all of the birthdays that both of my kids have had, the combined number of cakes still do not add up to 16.


  • When Lenny watches the kids while I have lunch with friends, he usually mows the lawn or swims in the pool. I can say for sure that they never go on a shopping spree and get everything they want.


  • We can not afford a playroom. Space is limited here.


  • We taught our kids not to rip pages out of books instead of just removing them.


  • Sarah is no way the Queen nor Jacob the King of this castle.

5 comments:

Carmela said...

I have to admit, when I saw the article, I got a little worried that you had gone off the deep end. Then I started to wonder if there was something wrong with me for being grossed out by the article. Then I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief when I got to your commentary. It was good that I did, because I needed to breathe between my constant fits of laughter.

Every comment is SO RIGHT ON. I hate to think of Suri in about two years. I am left with one plaguing question: What is wrong with people that they read this and get warm fuzzzies, like they're great parents or something? How do they read this and not get sick to their stomachs? (I guess that's two plaguing questions ... oops.)

Carmela said...

still chuckling ... ;)

Debbie said...

I also ripped catalogues apart - but I used them for paper dolls because they were prettier from the J.C. Penny catalogue than the store bought paper dolls!!!

tjep said...

I am shaking my head on this story. That is totally out of lala-land! I am thinking of Daniel and Babylon.


Donna....Star Magazine?!!! LOL :)

christy p said...

Thanks for pointing out just another reason for me not to like Tom Cruise. I have banned all movies he has made from our household. The guy is a nut.