Friday, October 12, 2007

Finally I Got to Go!!!

Can you guess where we went yesterday? And it is true....Disneyland is indeed the Happiest Place on Earth.

We knew that we would renew our passes when we started homeschooling. So after a few shifts of overtime for Lenny, we marched right down to Disneyland and presented our mugs to be put onto our official plastic passes - good for one year! The day was awesome in most respects. The weather was mild, then cool in the evening, the crowds were minimal, and the best part of the whole day was running around and being excited with a 9-year old and a 6-year old. It amazes me at the enthusiam that they have over the littlest things. It is contagious.

The only whhhaaaaa part was that Pirate Island was closed. I was soooo hoping to find Jack behind a tree. :) Ok, kidding on that one. Lenny knew I was bummed about the island so he tried to be a respectable second place Jack. No, I don't think so.


I have been to Disneyland a zillion times in my life. But the one thing that I have never done while I was there was to get one of those mouse ears hat with my name on the back. I was giddy that we got to get these for the kiddies.

I gotta question the parenting on this one. Why is this kid eating cotton candy at 9:15pm? Hmmmmm

6 comments:

christy p said...

So sorry you didn't get to ride Pirates....but wow, it looks like you guys had a blast. LOVE the photos. Especially the family one. Good for you guys...that is great family fun!

MLasch said...

Yea!! Welcome to the Annual Passholders club. We will only be members another month or so... very sad...

Isn't homeschooling great that you can do this!

tjep said...

We're getting our passes soon too! We had them year before last and we miss being able to go whenever we wanted to! Fun, fun, fun!

Rhonda said...

We were at Disneyland on Thursday to celebrate Mason's 4th birthday. His birthday isn't actually until the 19th, but we were in So CA for a wedding and took 1 extra day for Mason. He thinks it was his party and that he's 4 now.

Carmela said...

It's obvious you guys had so much fun ... and yes, their enthusiasm and excitement is DEFINITELY contagious!! Love that about kids!

Maybe we can meet you there someday after my kids get out of school.

Christy said...

aahh man, dont oyu hate when rides are closed? Bummer! Looks like you had fun anyways though and that picture makes me want cotten candy!! Yummy!!