Thursday, May 22, 2008

We are Girls

Got this idea from Jen. Sarah and I went all frou frou and had a pedicure last weekend. I took this pic to show our girlie toes off.
I also got my eyebrows and mustache waxed. I have had it done only once before and I screamed. I vowed that I would never do it again...until that day. I had noticed some hairs on my lip and also the unibrow that was forming above my eyes.

I went into the room, plopped down on the table and proceeded to scream my head off. It hurt, I hated it and I made everyone in the pedicure room laugh. Nope, never again. Not gonna do it. I will have a bird's nest sprout on my face before I get another hot wax.

Can you even tell? I can't. Not worth it, I say!


On another note, we came home to find this huge grasshopper on the window outside. I have never seen one this big or up close. Creepy, I tell ya.


Then, later, I walk into the kitchen and see this. "Why are all of the drawers opened?" I ask

Jacob replies, "Oh, don't worry Mom, I'll find it?"

"Find what?" I ask.

"The lizard that crawled out of the Tupperware on the kitchen counter. He's around here somewhere. Probably in one of the cabinets." He tells me.

Eewhhhh, I love having a boy.

One last thing. This is awesome. Jacob came home from school with an assignment theat proved to be one of the most educational and mind expanding projects ever.

He had to come up with a variation to a Chocolate Chip recipe. Not only did he come up with one, he actually made one that we had never heard of before. It is called a Chocodilla. It is scrumptious and absolutely delightful. Try it. You will love it. I don't even like chocolate and this one, well, I was happy.

Ingredients:

2 flour tortillas

1-2 tsp butter, softened

1/4 cup mini chocolate chips

cinnamon/sugar mixture

Cool Whip

Here goes:

Butter both tortillas on one side. Place one tortilla, buttered side down in a hot frying pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on tortilla and cover with second tortilla, buttered side up. Let chips melt a bit and tortilla brown before flipping over to cook other side. Cook until browned to liking. Remove from heat and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture and top with Cool Whip.

We also happened to have fresh strawberries at home that night. We sliced some up and used those for topping too. It was awesome.

9 comments:

Christy said...

you screamed? Come on Donna I thought you were tougher than that! ;) Yes you can tell and no dont let the unibrow come in. pleeaassseeee! The recipe looks great. Tell your boy thanks, my girls will try it later for dessert. Way to think outside the box kiddo! :)

Melanie said...

Try a bikini wax, baby. I'd love to be able to say those don't hurt anymore, but that would be a complete lie.

We're trying Jacob's cool recipe tonight.

MLasch said...

That cookie thing would be great to BBQ! I gotta try that!

Angela said...

Hi Donna. It was nice to finally meet you today! That cookie recipe looks interesting!

Christy said...

Ok Jacob, you scored with the cookie desset. My girls think yu rock! It was fun AND easy to make for my 7 year old. Thanks again! :)

tjep said...

Yikes...grasshoppers! But the chocodilla made for that gross thing!

The toes are too cute and the brows/mustache? are too ouchy!!!

DonnaG said...

Hey Christy I am so glad you tried Jacob's recipe. We are all excited that he came up with it himself. Last night at open house all of the recipes from his classmates were displayed. There was like his but it included the cheese. Gross.

There was one for chocolate covered hot wings, chocolate lasagne, and chocolate dipped Twinkies.

MLasch said...

We tried Jacob's recipe on the bbq tonight. Very yummy!

christy p said...

Love the piggie toes! So cute! I don't like getting waxed either....but sometimes I just gotta! :)