Sunday, September 14, 2008

Starting School and Soccer Season Simultaneously

September is always exciting. I love the beginning of the school year. A fresh start, a new year, lots of opportunities awaiting us. Even when we homeschooled, the beginning of the year was anticipado mucho.

Along with September and school beginning, so does soccer and the horrendous scheduling of that sport. I love watching my kids play and they do well at it. But wow, does it take a lot of hustle and bustle on our part to get them to the practices, the games, getting homework done in between and oh, eating dinner.

I am excited about both school and soccer this year. Jacob and Sarah both have absolutely incredible teachers who seem to be quite in tune with their respective age group of kids. Lenny and I were both floored when we drove home from Back-to-School night. God has truly put his hand on this year. I am anticipating wonderful progress, not only academically, but spiritually and socially.




And, the icing on the cake is soccer. Both kids have coaches that know the game well and again, seem to relate very well with their respective teams. Jacob's coach especially is a force to be reckoned with. I am confident that he too will grow much this year.




4 comments:

Melanie said...

Sarah is you incarnate. Totally cracks me up!

tjep said...

Hola Donna! The kids are getting big!
Are soccer moms like pit bulls w/lipstick too? :)

DonnaG said...

Hey TJEP. I laughed my head off at the SNL skit about lipstick. It was classic!

Christy said...

great photos of the kids! Whats that saying,"apple doesnt fall far from the tree?" ;) Morgan being on the swim team is a bit crazy with practice three times a week and going to away meets but at least those are only once a month. :)