Wednesday, October 8, 2008

29, September 19, 11:46

29 : the number of phone messages I found on the phone today
September 19: the date of the first phone message
11:46: the amount of time it took to listen to and delete all 29 messages.

Debbie from Long Beach - sorry I didn't call ya back.
Atlantis Eye Care- I will be there for my eye exam.
Debbie from (Kid's school) : tuition is in the mail.
Amber: I miss you too.
Cheryl: thanks for the clothes you left on the porch.
Republican National Committee: thank you for urging me to vote for McCain.
Chase Visa: not interested in another card.
Sue Ellen: yes we are still on for sewing lessons on the 2nd.

And to the slew of other message leavers: Got the message and I probably have already taken care of it.

I do not like voice mail, I avoid it most of the time and if I had my way, all messages would be left via email. I feel like I am under obligation to return someone's call just because they left a message - kind of like I am an unwilling player in a volleyball game.

Is that weird?

4 comments:

Christy said...

OH MY GOSH! I am sooo glad it's not just me!!!! I hate the phone. loved your post though, made me laugh

christy p said...

I hate calling people back, too. I usually make ALL my phone calls in the car.

I LOVE email, though!!!

tjep said...

Thanks for your comment on my post!

We miss you! :)

Anonymous said...

Sooo that is why you never call me back.....I am still waiting at the movie theater for you....we were supposed to go to the movies when the boys were camping ....remember...?
JK, but you owe me a movie trip girl!