Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hey Mandy

I received a comment on a previous post about dinners. It is from my friend Mandy who moved to Colorado. Anyhoo, she said that she loves a dip recipe of mine. She and I have made a spinach dip and an artichoke recipe many times together.



I have to give credit where credit is due -



The spinach dip is an awesome recipe. Get a packet of Knorr Vegetable Soup. The dip recipe is on the back. It is seriously the best spinach dip I have ever had. It is a cold one.



The artichoke dip is from my friend Christy Platt. She made it at a Christmas party at her house and I loved it. I had called her three different times to get the recipe before I actually wrote it down and kept it. I love it sooooo much that I put it in our church cookbook.



I will give it to you here.



Christy's Artichoke Dip



2 8 oz pkg cream cheese

2T. olive oil

1T. minced garlic (from the jar)

1 cup sour cream

8 oz. fresh shred parmesan cheese

1/2 tsp. black pepper

1 dash crushed red pepper

2 dashes dried majoram

1 14oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped

1/4 cup cooked spinach, cooled and chopped



Preheat oven to 350*. Divide cheese in half, set aside. Combine all ingredients, saving one part of cheese for topping. Pour into baking dish and bake for 40-50 minutes or until bubbly on top. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and continue baking for 5-10 more or until cheese is melted.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Thanks! I think I will make this soon. I LOVE artichokes.

christy p said...

WOW...Thanks, Donna.

I haven't tried that cold one yet. Just may give that one a try!