Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving



You know how sometimes some holiday celebrations just seem extra fun??? This Thanksgiving was one of those celebrations. Lenny was on duty today so any chance of an extended family dinner was out of the question. But, the families of the crew members all came in and we made dinner at the fire station.


It was sooooo fun and so good. 4 crew members...4 families....so fun. It was Lenny, Jacob, Sarah and I, Dale, Christy, Conner and Emily Platt, Wade and Kimmie Miller and Wade's mom, and John and Kelly, Taylor and Hannah Deyoe. I hadn't seen Christy in forever, and I had never met Kelly or Kimmie before today. It was like being with family. So comfortable and so easy.


The kids played outside in the "backyard" of the fire station. They had bikes, scooters, and super cool ride-on cars. The grown-ups laughed and took lots of pics.


I am so thankful that my husband has a job that will allow something like this. If he has to work a holiday, I am grateful that we can still share it with him. Granted he is away from home a lot but, days like today make it ok. He works with a great bunch of guys who really care about each other. I can see why he loves going to work and, too where all of the great stories come from.


So, thank you to C6 for making this Thanksgiving super wonderful. And, the turkey was yummy!

1 comments:

christy p said...

Donna, LOVED seeing you last night too. You are such a hoot! :) My munchkins are already up this morning. I would have thought that they would have slept in longer seeing as those four big, hunky firemen played with them for hours. GEESH.

I have a blog too...but it isn't as adorable as yours. I couldn't figure it out. I will work on it today. I may email you questions....so stand by your computer all day, okay? :) heheheh. LOVED the pics!
Smooches