Friday, December 29, 2006

Charlotte's Web

Wow December 11 was my last post. That was long ago. I guess that I have been so preoccupied with Christmas prepping that I have neglected my blog. Or quite simply, I had nothing to say. That’s a first, :) And couple that with issues signing in to the blog and there you have it. Nothing.

As soon as school was out on Friday, we swept up the kids from school and headed right over to the movies to see the Nativity. WOWOOWOWOWW is that an amazing movie. I realize that it is indeed, a movie, but the telling of the birth of our Savior was absolutely moving. Seeing the humanness in Mary and Joseph (I am treading carefully here trying to emphasize that it is a Hollywood movie) was something that apparently I needed. It was quite a reality check for me to realize the emotions, trepidation, and questions that they must have been dealing. They were going to raise Jesus Christ.

And of course what made the entire experience wonderful was watching Jacob and Sarah captivated and fully involved in what they were watching. They both asked very thoughtful questions and raised interesting points about it.
I highly highly highly recommend seeing the movie. It puts perspective and priority into the bustle of the rush of the season.

Afterward, we sat out by the fountain and took this picture. I love looking at it because I remember Jacob taking some of his first steps right there in 1999 right after snacking on some Wetzel’s pretzels. I love memories!

0 comments: