Saturday, December 2, 2006

It's December

I can not begin to decorate for Christmas until it is December. I know some people like to start the day after Thanksgiving, but for me, I can not do it. It is already too hot here to think of Christmas so waiting until it is actually the month of December makes it a bit more real for me. Besides, we are getting new carpeting so really, I can't take the decorations down from the attic until then anyway.

BUT.... in the spirit of moving into the holiday, we brought something out. We bought this item a month ago and kept it for Lenny until December. So yesterday morning, Jacob and Sarah gave Lenny a preChristmas present. It is by far the most appropriate gift for him. It is corny and completely ridiculous. It plays "Shake Shake Shake, Shake Your Booty" by cool and the Gang. And, to make the evening bright, it actually turns around and ..... shakes it's booty. The kids beg him to sing this song and do the dance that goes with it.

Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

christy p said...

Ha ha! I could just imagine Lenny singing too...while shaking HIS booty.

MLasch said...

Welcome to blogging, Donna. Thanks for commenting on my blog. It's so much more fun when people comment and you know someone is reading it an enjoying it!

tjep said...

That is too cute! I enjoy reading your blog! It looks like a fun thing to do!

dhutch said...

I can totally see Jacob and Sarah cracking up. What a fun family!!
So this is blogging?? kinda cool:)

dhutch said...

I can totally see Jacob and Sarah cracking up! What a fun family!! So this is blogging? Kinda cool:)

Unknown said...

hi Donna, enjoyed reading ur blogs.Funny isintit though we may be worlds apart, as the indian saying goes we r 7 oceans away, yet at heart we are all one where emotions feelings et allare concerned.Heres wishing you and bloggers visiting ur site MERRY CHRISTMAS