Saturday, December 2, 2006

True vs. Truth

This morning a verse that I was reading in Psalm 119:160 struck a conversation between Jacob and I. I read him the verse and we discussed what truth is.

160 All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal. NIV

160 Your words all add up to the sum total: Truth. Your righteous decisions are eternal. TM


160 The entirety of Your word is truth, and every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever. NKJV

Not only is God's word true but it IS TRUTH. Many things can be true.. example....I have two kids. And those things are simply factual and probably temorary and the body of true things can be inclusive of many ideas. But, there is only one TRUTH. God's Word, His holy and divine scriptures are TRUTH, they are eternal and that TRUTH is exclusive.

It was one of those holy moments that God blessed me with this morning with my 8 year-old. And that conversation provided a springboard for a few other ideas with Lenny, Sarah and us. Then we had to cut it short to make it to the Christmas musical practice.

0 comments: