Tuesday, May 29, 2007

edukatin stoodents

I was reading an online article about public vs. private schools. At the end of the article, there was a comment section. Most of the comments were thought provoking. But this one from a 7th grader made me sad. She said she is not being challenged enough. I think she is overestimating herself. Take a look at the grammar, spelling and punctuation.

05/22/2007:"ok well, i am in the 7th grade a public school. i am a very social person, have a lot of friends and i have good grades. The only things that are keeping me from liking my school and staying is that i am not being challenged enough and the fights and stupid arrguments in my school between girls over guys and people fist fighting over where they are from. The cirriculm in my school is way to easy and i am not being challenged at the level i would like to be. I have heard from my family and my friends that private school give u more of a challenge if you need it, but if u dont then they dont give it to you. I have also heard that private school doesnt give you a look on the real world, the reality. Is these true?"

This struck me more so because I had just read a similar type post about education from Michelle's blog. Read it. You will laugh.

1 comments:

MLasch said...

You know, I've read that instant messaging is to blame for a lot of this. Kids are so used to writing "u" and "i" so save time, that they forget to write more formally. Of course, that doesn't excuse the plain bad spelling!

Oh, this makes me sad...