Friday, May 18, 2007

We Go Together Like Shamalama Ding a Dingydong

Ok, I SOOOOO know I look pregnant here. I am wearing Lenny's shirt and much to my dismay, this is the ONLY photo I have of us today. Arghhh I wish I let other people take more pictures with my camera. He is not punching me, he is flexing his very studly arm here for the picture. And, I wish we had switched sides for this. His other "tattoo" says "Donna" with a heart under my name.

I wish we lived in the 50's. I really do. I would give up microwaves, cell phones, DVD's and yes, blogging to go back to a time when things seemed better. When families still had the respect of their fathers, when mothers did everything they could to make their kids turn out ok, when people kept their body parts out of public view, when teachers still commanded respect and things were safer in the neighborhood.
And clearly, the music from the 50's ROCKS! How many of you can sit still when you hear a song from Grease? Not me, I want to hand jive, slow dance to Blue Moon and Go to the Hop. I can not contain myself. It is catchy.


Today is the much anticipated Sock Hop at the kids school today. It was a 50's dress day and the kids all looked adorable. I got some great pics of lots of kids but I will only post the ones of my own kids. Tonight is the school carnival with lots of 50's themed stuff. Can't wait.
So check out these pics of the new Danny and Sandy!!!


3 comments:

christy p said...

ADORABLE! You dressed them up so well, and they DO look like Danny and Sandy.

Have fun at the carnival!

christy p said...

Okay, did you ADD the photo of you and Lenny at the top after I commented??? Cuz...it didn't show up on my computer yesterday. Great pic of the two of you!!!!

DonnaG said...

Yes I added it last night when we got home from the carnival. And, by the way, I love that you check my blog several times a day. How cool.