Saturday, June 9, 2007

Yipppppeeee New Carpet

Ok, we finally got rid of the graffiti carpet yesterday. After three reschedules, new beautiful carpet was installed. Yippppeee.


In order to move everything out of the room, we had to empty each piece of furniture...books off of the bookshelf, TV out of the cabinet, computer taken apart from the desk, etc. I thought it would be a hassle to do all of that. But really, it was wonderful. Taking the computer apart, I was able to clean and dust the entire thing, get rid of paper and stuff that I didn't even realize was in there. When I packed up the TV cabinet, I got rid of a ton of videos that we never watch, reorganized the camera stuff, and cleaned that cabinet too. Same thing with the bookshelf. Several books are gone.

I know it sounds like I could have done that anytime. And, yes that's true. But, there is something about a deep cleaning that does far more than just a surface level dusting.

I know that God housekeeping in our hearts too like that. Sometimes, he might run a dust cloth over us. Other times, he has to take everything out and start fresh.

Takes time, yes. But when it is all over, it feels awesome.

So our TV cabinet is back in place but Lenny has not yet put the TV in yet. Will do that today. So look at what they did with it. I LOVE THIS FAMILY AND HOME. It is so fun to be a Gisbert.


5 comments:

Debbie said...

We are getting new carpet in the family room on Saturday - the 16th! I'm going to draw on my old carpet this week! It looked like so much fun when you guys did it - wanna come help me?!

Christy said...

Hi again, Ok reading your blogs I am pretty sure we were serperated at birth. But since your older I guess that wont work huh? Really I just wanted to point out that you and Rhonda are older! :) He-he. You mentioned your husband at a firefighters for christ meeting? Do yu guys by any chance go to the conference up at Hume Lake? We have gone every year for the past eight years. Its great fun. You can check it out at www.humelake.org if your interested. I am going to go look at Christy's blog now. I will tell her you sent me. We firefighters wives tend to be a little crazy so we need to stick together.:) Love Christy

Lori said...

Oooooooo, like the new blog look. Cute pictures too. I can completely agree with the cleaning thing. Our bedroom needs to be stripped bare and totally reorganized. When Malia came, Alvin lost his spare room and consequently all of his stuff drifted over to our bedroom. Arrrgghhh.

tjep said...

There's nothing like a good purge!!!

christy p said...

Yipppeee...you got your carpet!!!! Looks great. Looks like you guys had a fun time too! I am loving the blue background as well. Maybe it will inspire me to do something different???