Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Firehouse






One of the curses of the fireman's schedule is the LONG shifts. 24 hours is long enough, but when those 24 hours stretch out to 48 or 72 or more, well, it can be tough. Lenny was on one of those 72 hour blitzes this past weekend. So on Sunday, the kids and I happily piled into the new van and made the trek to Corona to see Dad.


We managed to pull off a surprise visit. Usually doesn't happen because I don't like to take the chance of driving all the way out there and he not be there. Timing was on our side as he and his crew were getting ready for lunch. But as soon as we got in the door, they got a call. No biggie as we settled into the cozy recliners and watch Sponge Bob while they were out.


Got a few pics. They aren't fabulous but I love them because I see how the kids grow. I have a pic of Jacob when he was teeny little guy with his dad at work. Now he is 9 years old and still finding the fire engine fascinating.

So I am not sure I like this one. I mean, come on, look at where she is. Scary. I am sure that some of the chiefs wouldn't like to know that this was happening.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Yes, that is a scary picture of Sarah - but look how she's holding Lenny's hand, totally trusting! I love that picture!! Daddy won't let her get hurt!!

P.S. I went to the park and picked up two stray cats, one male and one female, I'm going to put them in your backyard tonight and let them scream with pleasure as they DO IT!!!!!

christy p said...

LOVE the photos. Glad you had a wonderful visit. :)