Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Kids Say the Funniest Things

This morning, the kids and were sitting at the table eating a late breakfast. We had just come from Sam's Club where I had bought a calcium supplement. I was opening the bottle of the calcium when Jacob asked,


"Do you have liver problems?"

"No. Why do you ask?"

"Because you shouldn't take that if you have liver problems, are nursing, pregnant or may become pregnant."

"What did you just say?" I ask. He repeats what he had just said.

"Do you know what any of those things mean?"

"Well yes. Liver problems means, uh, something is wrong with your liver. Nursing means that you have a broken leg or your stomach hurts and you need a nurse. Pregnant means that you have a person in your belly. May become pregnant means that you might become pregnant."

I was howling at that one. I laughed so hard all the while he is looking at me like I am completely off my rocker. He always has a stomach ache. I just know that he is going to say that he is nursing.

So instead of correcting him, I ran over here to blog it.




2 comments:

Christy said...

oh my gosh........kids are so funny! We eat all natural, organic, no perservatives in our house. No wheat or dairy either; ya' I know long story for another time. Anyways our oldest daughter was at a friends house the other day and as the mom was serving her ketchup Morgan asked her if it had high frucotse corn syrup in it becuase we only eat organic ketchup so she couldnt have it! :)

DonnaG said...

Ok Christy H...I knew our new friendship was too good to be true. :) I guess you don't want to hear about how many times we went through the drive thru this week.