Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Chik and Crocs

Our kids. They are soooo fun. All day long, I was dragging them all over tarnation trying to get things done. Never once did they complain or gripe. They were surprisingly fun and quite pleasurable to spend the day with.

Now I don't mean to say that I don't enjoy them, it is just that when you spend the day following after your mother in Sam's Club, the grocery store, AAA, and then to 7-11, just to come home and be told to clean your room, well that can make for some grumpy kids.


I happened, quite by accident, to do many things for them today that apparently made them think that I was the bomb. First of all, we went through to Chik Fil A for lunch. They were screaming thanks in the car because they were getting the "Eat More Chicken" place for lunch.


We get home and they happily and eagerly helped me unload the Sam's loot into the house. We enjoyed our lunch and off they went to clean their rooms. What is happening in this house???


Then I put hot curlers in Sarah's hair. She thanked me profusely and said twice "I pretty much have the best mom in the whole world." Ask me Sarah, for anything in the world and it is yours.


I let Jacob play gamecube for 1 1/2 hours today. Unheard of in this house. That is way tooooo long. He said he would stop because he didn't want to go dumb. All on his own. No telling him to turn it off. Man, am I in the right house?


Then we made sock puppets. I have a hot glue gun and all the works for any craft. They know it and so do all of the neighborhood kids. "Your mom has everything, Jacob." the neighbor boy says. "I know. It's cool." was his reply. Seriously, am I in heaven?


Then we go to Ralph's. We pass by this clearance bin of croc shoes. Sarah sees her size and then Jacob sees his. They were marked down to $4. They both get a pair. We get home and they tell me that I always buy them nice things and they are so lucky. Ok, it's getting a bit freaky around here. Where is the hidden camera?"


Then my favorite response today. When I bought the Chik Fil A today, it was way more food than I thought it would be. So we halved it. They ate half and lunch and then I saved the other half for them for dinner. When I heated it up and told them to come to the table, Jacob asks what we are having. I tell him the story and here is his reaction.
"Yes, yes, oh thank you Lord for this great food. God you are sooo good for letting us have Chik Fil A again. Two times in one day is more than I can ask for." He says.


Then Sarah puts the icing on this huge gooey cake that is today..... she says to me,

These shoes soooooo makes up for not letting me talk at church."


God sooooooooo has a sense of humor. I am living proof of that.


8 comments:

Carmela said...

Wow!! Can we trade kids, lol! Actually Carlos was the same way today. I asked him to do several chores and he didn't complain once. And he was really trying to do his best job. I was in a total state of shock.

Maybe there was something in the air today?! If there was, I hope it will be in the air tomorrow, too!

Debbie said...

I LOVE THIS ENTRY!!!! That is sooo cool. And I love Sarah's response; apparently you purchased her forgiveness. Boy they learn young, huh?!! So glad you had a great day!!

Rhonda said...

I love this! Kids are the best. Actually, I'm not surprised about their reaction to Chik-Fil-A. I think that's how I might have reacted. That place is the best. I started eating there when I was in Jr. High at the mall in West Covina. But by High School that was waaaayyyy out of the way so we didn't get it anymore. I was so excited to have it again at the Cerritos mall when we moved to Lakewood. Now they appear to be popping up all over the place down there. I was so excited to get it twice last time I was there because there is one with a drive through right by my sister's house. We need Chick-Fil-A in Hanford.

Christy said...

ahhhhh, you made up for the church thing? Isnt God good? :) I knew you would. Oh ya' and you score points for your last comment on my Blog. :) We went to Dana point that last time but I usually go to New Port. I will drop you a line next time I'm going......our kids would love each otehr I am sure.

tjep said...

Wow! Way too cool! You ARE an awesome mom! The bomb! (Is that word still in?)

I thinks it's great to know each day brings a new start and yesterday's sorrows are long forgotten. Praise God for that!! WooHoo!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! I hope Maisie is like that one day!!!

Debbie said...

All this Chik-Fil-A talk got me craving it - I had some chicken nuggets from there at lunch and they were sooooooo yummy!!!!

christy p said...

That is an AWESOME day. This post gives me hope... :)