Saturday, August 4, 2007

Man Trip

So my two men went on a Man Weekend together. Well, technically it wasn't over a WEEKEND, but let's just call it that. Lenny took Jacob on a father/son/tent-camping/fishing/boat-rental-on-the-lake/get dirty/sleep-on-the-ground trip. So this being their adventure and me being nowhere near the action, I can not do it justice by using my own words to tell about. You will have to ask them about it. '


I will, however, be more than happy to share some cute pictures. Wait, can "cute" be used to describe a man trip?
On the morning that they left, Lenny admitted to me that he did not want to sleep in a tent. I rejoiced at hearing that. For many years, he has been chiding me saying that "taking a trailer camping is not really camping." I would always say that we should call it something else then. When he said that, I said "you have come to my side." It quite the victory for me, mind you.


Jacob was so excited to tell me that he got to drive the boat. I told him that he was lucky he didn't get a ticket for driving without a license.

5 comments:

christy p said...

Great photos. Where did they go?? My first hubby and I used to tent camp with the girls. When I met Dale he introduced me to the trailer/rv way of camping. I have never gone back. The pure joy I have in the knowledge that I will never again sleep on the hard ground is pure bliss. Lenny did a great job taking pictures too!

Debbie said...

Great pics of Lenny and Jacob. What did Mommy and Sarah do while the boys were away??

Christy said...

Nope, can't use the word 'cute' when describing a man trip.......at least thats what my husband said. But they are GREAT pictures and it looks like they had tons of fun!! Yay for boys day out!

Lori said...

I showed Alvin these pictures, and his face just lit up. He started asking a bunch of questions.. I know he looks forward to going camping with Josh in a few years, while Malia and I will be taking a girls shopping and spa weekend. Yeah for Lenny. What a great dad.

Carmela said...

How cool is that?!

My favorite pics are the first one and the last one, especially that last one!

And no, I don't think you can call anything to do with boys/men "cute," but I do it all the time:)