Monday, July 30, 2007

Clear this up for me please

I can not believe that I am going to do another post about Tom Cruise. Really, I am shocking myself. But, read this article and see if you see the hypocrisy. Actually, this one is regarding his organization and what it said. Another head thumper this one is. (BOLD is from me for emphasis)

CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY SLAMS PLOT TO EXTORT CRUISE
Hollywood – Leaders of the Church of Scientology have issued a strongly worded statement condemning the two men who tried to extort over $1 million from Tom Cruise. “It’s despicable that anyone would try to use private information about Mr. Cruise to try to control him and take his money,” they said. The two men, David Schmidt and Marc Gittleman, are accused of illegally obtaining photographs of Cruise and Katie Holmes’ wedding and trying to extort $1 million from the superstar actor to return them.
While Cruise has remained silent on the issue, the Church of Scientology, of which he is a leading member, has spoken out on his behalf.


“Mr. Cruise is deeply offended at the idea that he would cooperate with any person or group of people who possess allegedly valuable information that they will only release via secret dealings and outrageous amounts of money,” a Church spokesperson told Dateline Hollywood. “Tom Cruise is not the kind of man who would turn over money based on a pledge that somebody would end his problems.”
The spokesman added that
Cruise would never allow himself to be extorted for information about his personal life.
“Sure, like any American, he would like to keep his wedding photos out of the tabloids if possible,” the spokesman explained. “But Tom Cruise has nothing to hide from the world. Any individual or organization that thinks it can profit by controlling and manipulating him, or his wife Katie for that matter, is sorely mistaken.”


Ok, here I go......
WWWWWhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaat? I might be completely off of my rocker on this one but I thought that "church" that TomKat belongs to is all about extortion, taking control of other's money, and manipulation. And if I remember correctly, isn't the reason why he joined the "church" years ago because it promised to cure his dyslexia??

Sure you can call the situation with the photographs extortion and label the perps as criminals because it fits nicely within the realm of the law. But what about what this so called church does? Doesn't it too extort for high profit from otherwise innocent individuals? Doesn't it promise out-of-this-world results for a better life....all for a pretty penny to get the mind analysis? I call that criminal in the worst way.

If only this photograph fiasco were his only problem, he would be so lucky.

Oh yeah, I don't think I am "like any other American" because I think it might be kind of cool so see my wedding pics in the National Enquirer. Unless it said that I was an alien bride or test tube wife or something weird like that.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

“Tom Cruise is not the kind of man who would turn over money based on a pledge that somebody would end his problems.” From previous interviews I've seen - Kirstie Alley did it to stop taking drugs; John Travolta did it to learn how to be a better person; Jenna Elfman paid more to become pregnant....and the list goes on... I wonder who they will pay to try and get out of the firey pit?

tjep said...

Oh my gosh!...OH MY GOSH!!!(my eyes are widened and my mouth just dropped)

Do they know what they are saying?!!!

I'm just shaking my head!