Friday, September 14, 2007

Yo Ho Yo Ho

Look at what arrived today at the DMV..... ta daaaaahhh.



It's official. I am the Captain of the Black Pearl. Aaarrrgghhh!

I had asked Jacob to take the old plates off so we could turn them in. He was stoked to use his tools and put the new ones on. It was cool to ask him to do that, knowing that he could and would know what to use and how to do it. Kinda bugs me though that he is so self-sufficient.

On another note... both kids are enrolled in a science class on Thursdays. This unit is on ecology. Their project this week is to make a dust collector. I thought "Great, they can collect the stuff they mess up." To my dismay, the project isn't like that. But, it is kind of interesting. They took a 3x5 card and smeared petroleum jelly on both sides. Then we hung it up outside and we wait. Each day we check it and record the amount or increase of what gets caught in the jelly. While we were hanging it up, we saw a few specks of dust get trapped. I hope a fly runs right into it and can't move. That would be cool.

5 comments:

Christy said...

yay your back! And when your son is free I have a couple things that need to be done around my house since my husband has b een gone! :)

tjep said...

Aaargh to your license plate!

And cool to what the kids are doing, maybe one those ugly, big, beetles will get stuck to the jelly! :0

christy p said...

LOVE your new plate. VERY cool Way cooler than "Platts". :(

Carmela said...

Congrats on the license plate!

And as I'm reading about how Jacob was able to do that little chore (nice pic, btw), I got excited that Carlos will be able to do that for me someday ;)

Very cool experiment ... and how cheap, too!

Rhonda said...

Yayyy for the new plates. What a fun way to learn science. Your kids are going to have so much more fun in school this year. That is way better than anything I remember doing in science in elementary school.