Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Bathroom Change

Next week I am having a Southern Living at Home party. So I mention to Lenny that maybe I should go get a new shower curtain or some rugs for the gross and very ugly front bathroom. It is the only room that we have never touched since moving into this house almost 5 years ago.

The next thing I know, we are at Lowe's and Home Depot looking at cabinets. Didn't find any that would match the odd dimensions of the existing cabinet. I kind of shrug it all off as a whim, but Lenny. Woah something took him over. Something scary. This was last Saturday.. 4 days ago.

He has since, ripped out the toilet,gotten rid of the bathroom mirror, ordered new cabinet doors for the existing cabinet, repaired the wall, plastered, mudded, and is now at this very moment, painting the inside of the drawers. I have bought new linoleum and it is coming tomorrow morning. I know, linoleum????? Yes, linoleum. People, we are on a major budget and this was supposed to be just a quick project. Besides, ANYTHING A N Y T H I N G would be better than this. Tile is coming when we decide to really remodel the pit of a bathroom!

Today is Wednesday, tomorrow is completely unavailable for working in the bathroom (see next post), and Friday the flooring people are coming. So that leaves, Saturday... no wait, Lenny works, ok, Sunday. But Sunday we go to church and just hang. Ok, Monday. Nope, Monday Lenny works and Tuesday is the day everyone is coming over. Hmmmmmm.
I wonder if we can pull this off. I will let you know. I hope soon because my poor kids have no place to bathe!
So that is what the bathroom looks like right now. Here is what our front yard looks like right now. Think Trailer Park!




4 comments:

Christy said...

That is SO funny! All at the mention of having a party? Wow, my husband goes running for an overtime if I mention women coming over for stuff like that. You lucky girl, and a toilet in the front yard to boot! I am jelous. he,hee! ;)

Debbie said...

Great pics of your yard - I'll pass these on to my parents - you'd fit right in where I'm from!! :o) You can always come shower at our house!!

christy p said...

Look at Lenny GO! I can hardly wait to see it on Tuesday!!! Do I need to bring anything??? Want me to bring a treat? app? Let me know!

Rhonda said...

Go Mr. Fix It! You must have said some kind of magic word or something. Maybe you can remember it next time you talk about those kitchen counters ;) You're bathroom is going to look GREAT!!! I can't wait to see pictures of the finished product.