Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Love Boat


Two weeks ago Lenny and I went on our very first cruise. Our church has a couple's retreat every year or so, but this year, it was a couple's cruise. It was fantastic. That is Ron in the background being a goofball.

We did the Royal Caribbean Fri-Mon Ensenada cruise. It was so much fun. Pastor George is an awesome speaker, he is quite candid and so approachable. What a great weekend he planned for us all.

All weekend long everyone was being goofy and silly, the the last meeting comes and it is about S E X. It is so funny to see a group of adults all become so quiet and nervous. One man (initials RC) raises his hand when George asked for questions. His wife (PC) all of sudden grabs his hand, tells him not to say anything and then starts sweating. He asked a very innocent question but man we were all waiting for something good. I have to admit that it wasn't as, uhmm, interesting and detailed as maybe I would have hoped for. If you know me, you know that I was READY for something juicy to chat about.

I was concerned about getting seasick. I bought the Bonine, the wristbands and had a patch all ready if needed. Come to find out, I didn't get sick at all. But, I thought I was going to fall over from the rocking of the ship. I felt more dizzy than sick.

25 super fun, very vibrant and most entertaining couples came along with us. It was a great mix of people, a wonderful salad bowl of wisdom, wit and insight. It was just wonderful.

Us with the Fesslers at the Bufadora.



Pastor George attempting the Makarena.

After dinner on Sunday night, we came back to our room to find this monkey hanging around. Our room attendant made it when she came in to turn down the bed.

The weekend was just what we needed. A nice and easy getaway, a great sitter to take care of the kids and fabulous company. I am so grateful for opportunities like this to spend with my husband.

Sonya, Eric and Lenny all climbed the rock wall on the 11th deck. Very cool view. I want to grab those buns when I see this pic. I should have photshopped it and zoomed right in there!


Our last morning, having breakfast. Everyone was quiet. No one wanted to leave. Whhaaaa. Oh well, just wait until Alaska!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Fun was had by all!! I loved the SEX session - we were all like a bunch of teenagers talking about sex!! Laughing and joking..... George and Sherry Fessler ROCK!

Christy said...

yay for you investing in your marriage! God will bless that time you took. We LOVE to cruise, isnt that the best!! I love all your photos as well. Thanks for sharing. :)