Friday, April 18, 2008

Surgery

Hello to all 1 or 2 of you out that still believe in me. I just stink at keeping up with this blog. I feel like if I blog everyday I will just bore you with the mundane everyday life of Donna Gisbert. For those of you that have nothing better to do, read on. More drivel.

For several years now, I have had recurring episodes of pain in my upper abdomen, around to my back and sometimes in between my shoulder blades. I frequently have muscle spasms but those don't even come close to the attacks of the ab/back pain. I always thought it was something to do with stress. Both Lenny and I tend to carry our stress in our backs. For years I have always attributed my pain to just plain ol' freaking out over something.

Over Easter vacation, I woke up in the middle of the night and literally thought I was going to do die. If I wasn't going to die, I wanted to. Seriously, I wanted to meet Jesus that night. Lenny was working and wouldn't be home for another 9 hours. I suffered through it, crying, moaning and completely out of my mind. He came home the next morning and tried to rub out the muscle pain in my back but the ab pain would not let go.

I should have gone to the E.R.

I went to the doc a few days later, had an ultrasound, and then today met with the surgeon. I have an infected, diseased, twice-it's-normal-size, filled with stones gall bladder.

The doctor was amazed that 1) I didn't go into shock over the infection and 2) I am able to walk around right now. Now, I love this kind of stuff. Nothing exciting other than overflowing toilets ever happen to me. Usually I am all into the drama of it. I am not a hypochondriac but I don't freak out when something healthwise happens to me. At least I don't think I do. But this surgeon was completley bewildered by it all. Not a normal, run-of-the-mill gall bladder surgery.

What do I do? Come home and post about it. Oh, and I found a really gross pic to show ya all, you know, for drama!

Now on the plus side of it all, because of the infection I have a suppressed appetite. Which means, ta daaaaa 9 pounds lost in 3 weeks. This is the easiest weight loss plan ever. Just watch out for the land mine of a rip roaring, gut wrentching pain attack.

His suggestion until my surgery.... stay away from greasy, spicy, fried foods and take it easy. I can soooooooo do that.




5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh my gosh Donna.
Bruce had to have his gall bladder removed and I remember the pain he was in prior to the surgery(and his wasn't even infected). When is your surgery? I am praying for you!
And, by the way, YOUR daily life is NEVER boring or mundane.
Love you!

Rhonda said...

AND that picture is totally gross. Gag-reflex gross.

tjep said...

Wow!...I read about your episode on the last post! I'm glad you found out in time! I hope things come out OK! :)

Christy said...

ooohhh, I am so sorry you have to do that. I will be praying for you. And eeeww grose picutre yuck! I could have never been a DR.

Lori said...

Donna, How are You???? Did you have your surgery? Let us know. We're all concerned!