Thursday, May 15, 2008

Life's A Beach

Just perused my camera and found that I did not download any of my current pics. They were from my rehabilitation beach cottage. Let me explain....

One of the best things that we did was quite by accident. We made reservations for some beach campin' two months ago. Then this stinkin' gizzard fiasco came up and we decided that the beach would not be happening. I had just come home from the hospital two days earlier and the thought of packing up, cooking outdoors (cooking at all, by the way) and not being at home was not appealing to me whatsoever.

B u u u u t, we decided to go anyway. I could not do anything at home. I would be sitting around being bored anyway. I might as well be in the sunshine looking at the ocean. So we went. And it was fabulous.

I did not do a darn stinkin' thing. Lenny cooked almost everything, we ate soup, we did nothing, we played chess, we did nothing, I slept, the rest of them went boogie boarding, I did nothing, I slept, oh yes, it was heaven in the sand.

I thought about it. If I were at home, I would have been mopping the floors, doing laundry, making beds, and all of the other things a neurotic housewife would normally be amusing herself with. At the beach, there was nothing that I could do.
Ok here I did stir the stir fry but that was it. I promise.
Heaven heaven heaven! It was awesome. I swear we had the entire beach to ourself it seemed like. The kids ran up and down the beach with nary a bathing body to trip over.

Here is what Jack and I did most of the time.
Watched gorgeous sunsets each night. Wow, God is good.

And here is what Lenny did each day.


Oh I love my life!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh I miss the beach!
Not a bad way to rehabilitate.

Christy said...

yay for beach camping trips as a family. Some of my best memories with my kids so far! ;)

christy p said...

Donna those pictures are wonderful. I am so glad you got to relax and heal in such a FUN way. :)