Monday, July 28, 2008

Anyone still care???/

Of the past 6 weeks of summer vacation, I have been home for about 2 of them. Since June 13th, I have been away from my home for the equivalent of one month. So really, I have only been on summer vacation for two weeks now. I have been busy, I have been running like a crazy woman. I have been out of it!

Some of my "busyness" comes from physically being gone, some of my weariness comes from the mental tasks that have been taking place, and lots of my head spinning comes from church stuff. Not bad stuff, but dealing with something taking place.

I am presently in the midst of a major God thing right now.

For more than a year now, there has been something at my church, but more so in my heart, that has been troubling/consuming/encouraging/pruning me in a way that I would never be able to explain in a blog. It is far too lengthy and much to personal to put into type, but ask me in person and I may confess my heart to you.

Anyhoo, this scenario came to a pinnacle for me last week. I was having a conversation with someone at Kids Camp (it was great at camp and I will post about it next) when all of a sudden the lightbulb came on, the bells started ringing, the angels sang and I "GOT IT". This was late one evening and after our chat I went to my cabin to sleep. Sleep did not come but what did take place was a conversation with God that was out of this world. I heard from God in a way that looking back now I see the steps of progression, but at the moment I was saying "A-ha!"

I came back to church on Sunday and spoke with the wife of one of our pastors. She again confirmed what God was telling me but I was trying to squash.

I love how God uses ordinary people in the most ordinary moments to show us his plan. It is those seconds that a seemingly plain word comes out of the mouth of someone trusted that hits us like a brick. God is awesome and I am so excited to be in the fast track right now of something groovy.

I will keep you posted.


POST NOTE: I have had a few comments/emails/phone calls from people asking me about the Pastor's position in Kids Church. Oh Lordy lordy lordy NO. Besides, well, I know something, well, I can not say, but next week everyone will know about Kids Church.

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

That is sooooo awesome Donna. I can't wait to hear more. I will be praying for continued guidance in whatever it is that is brewing.

Christy said...

cant wait to hear how God ismoving you. I am SOOOO glad you are back. I missed you!! In a sick, stalk your blog, never met you sort of way of course. ;)

Lori said...

So, this means you're going to be the new children's pastor?? :)

DonnaG said...

LORI - good heaven's NO!!!!!!!!

tjep said...

That's what I thought...Donna's going to take over Children's Ministries! I really think you would be great at it! Now I'm wondering...

Brandi said...

missed you...