Monday, July 28, 2008

Meet the Aunt and Uncle

One of the weeks that I was gone was spent at the beach camping with the fam.

My sister, Karenand her family came up and spent Saturday with us. Now it was fun, loads of fun to spend the day with them. We sat by the water, watched the guys surf, BBQ'ed, laughed, all of that. Flew kites and goofed ALL DAY! Buried Jacob in the sand. It was awesome.

BUT what made this day memorable was meeting my niece's boyfriend. Now you have to know something about me as an aunt. I LOVE TO EMBARRASS MY NIECES AND NEPHEWS.
This is Shelby right before Justin showed up. She told me that I had better not do anything to her. Yeah, right.
So we are all at the trailer making dinner while Shelby, Jacob and Sarah are sitting on the sand. We can see them and we are all waiting expectantly for Shelby's boyfriend Justin to come. All day long I have been planning my first impression.

My sister tells me that he is walking up to Shelby and that I have my chance. Now you have to picture me. I hate to make you do this, but in order for you to "get it", you have to visualize me in, ahhhheeemmmm a bathing suit. Eeehhhwwwww. I am sorry to do this to you, but just do it.

I take a deep breath and I start RUNNING. I am imagining that I am Pamela Anderson in Baywatch running in the shows opening credits toward Justin. I am ALL OVER THE SAND making the biggest commotion I can, trying to make this guy NEVER FORGET AUNT DONNA. I run to him with arms open wide, screaming his name in a breathless way-past-her-prime kind of way. He looks up at me, puzzled. Shelby turns around, groans and looks away. Jacob jumps up and says, "I'm outta here". And Sarah starts laughing like there is no tomorrow.

Justin stands up, not knowing what to do and holds his arms out to me, mostly in bewilderment. I run into him LITERALLY and nearly knock him off his feet. I introduce myself as Aunt Donna and tell him "welcome to the beach."

It was great!

Then he comes up to the trailer to meet Uncle Lenny. Lenny was hiding on the other side of the trailer. He had tucked his shirt in his shorts, pulled his shorts all the way to his chest in a Steve Erkle kind of way, and comes out skipping. He thrusts his hand out to shake hands with Justin and declares in a retarded voice that he is indeed, Uncle Lenny.



Again, one of our finer moments of adulthood. Justin doesn't look too traumatized, does he?

3 comments:

Christy said...

oh yay! More crazy people beside myself! Now that is how you all will be able to tell if Justin REALLY is a keeper. ;)

Debbie said...

Justin's a cutie...too bad YOU'LL never see him again!!

christy p said...

Sounds like you guys had an absolute blast. Those photos are priceless.

I can totally imagine you running up as Aunt Donna! LOL.