Monday, February 5, 2007

Love and Respect

This past weekend, Lenny and I attended the most amazing marriage conference. Better than any one we had ever been to, better than any book we have read and quite possibly the best weekend we have spent together. Sound unlikely? Maybe. But it is true.

It is called Love and Respect. It is based on a book called.....well, Love and Respect (yes I know book titles are underlined. There is no underline button on blogger). Basically, Emmerson Eggerich takes the very famous passage of Ephesians 5: 33

However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

and breaks it down in practical, meaningful ways. Basically, God calls the man to love his wife because that is her greatest need and wives to respect their husbands because that is their greatest need. Yes both want to be loved and respected but our number one needs are different.

I won't say much more about the book because for one, I want you to get it and read it and two, I can not do it justice. I would just botch it all up. I will say this. If you are reading this and are married. Or if you are going to be married in the future, GET THIS BOOK. Really really really it is amazing and if you believe that marriages should be built on the Biblical rock then you need this book.

I see Lenny in a whole new light. I see things that I have said or have done that have not been as respectful or even not respectful at all. And, I can see how I have misinterpreted things he has said or done as unloving or illwilled. Duh, right? Well, sometimes it isn't always that clear.

Go to loveandrespect.com and check out the site. There are free video downloads and other information that I know you will find most useful.

If you have read this book or after you go get the book and read it, let me know what you think.

1 comments:

christy p said...

Wow...think I may have to go out and get that book. So glad you enjoyed your weekend with your studmuffin, and thrilled your loved our church!!!!!!! Isn't it awesome?