Thursday, April 19, 2007

Easter

I am a bit embarrassed to tell you where we went for Easter. I mean, I cringe when I tell you where we chose to celebrate Christ's victory over death. We went to Las Vegas. OOoooooh that sounds sooooooo bad. So sinful.

Let me explain though what we did. Our plan for about 6 months (I will show you the reservations) was to go to the Grand Canyon with a stop in Las Vegas for 2 nights. There is a gorgeous RV resort there that we thought we would try. The weeks leading up to the trip made it very clear that the weather in GC was going to be cold. I mean snow on the ground cold. Now maybe we could have dealt with that. But, driving all that way to the big hole in the ground just to sit in the trailer most of the time seemed to be something we weren't willing to do. Maybe for one day, but no more than that. Yeah, we could have played board games, watched a movie, blah blah blah, but who wants drive exactly one gagillion miles to sit in a trailer so we could say we went to the GC? I am not one of them.

So we decided to just stay in LV and enjoy the sun, the pool and maybe sneak in a trip to Paris Las Vegas. I am so glad that we did. The place was great and we had a nice hotel type RV vacation.

My most favorite thing about Las Vegas is, well I hope you know me well enough by now, is the Paris Las Vegas Hotel. All I wanted to do outside of being at the pool and with the fam was to go spend a few hours perusing the shops in my lovely hotel. We did get to do that and Lenny surprised me with a very nice lunch at one of the restaraunts in there. Had a great meal and the kids even tried and LOVED calamari. Although they didn't know what it was, they said they liked it because it tasted like fish. We were crackin' up at the opportunity to tell them later what they were enjoying. When we did, they didn't get too weird, but they did make a bit of a sour face at the thought of squid. Eeeeswwww... Then we went to the Bellagio water show. It still makes me tingle to watch that. And the song that we heard was the Andre Bocelli song Con Te Partiro. Oooooh I love it. I loved seeing it with Lenny and I loved that moment. The show is much more elegant at night, but this day happened to be pretty too with no haze or desert yuckiness. Just pretty for me.
I am really mildly ashamed about being in Vegas for Easter. How weird does that sound? We did attend the service that is regularly held at the place. Super nice pastor and we even participated in communion. I felt a bit underdressed and mildly irreverrant in my shorts and sandals. But, hey Christ died for us all, no matter what we wear. I love that about my relationship with him. I can talk to him here, there, everywhere. I can still appreciate what he did for me, I can still live for him no matter my location, no matter what my dress is, no matter. It is all about him...not the surrounding. He rocks and I am so grateful for the gift of everlasting life. Thank you God for sending your son for me. Even in Las Vegas.

2 comments:

christy p said...

Good for you! Sounds like you had a fabulous time! Loved the picture you posted. I bet the weather was perfect too!!!

Lori said...

Unless you were frequenting the nudy bars, I don't think that you should feel bad. Glad you had a great time.