Monday, April 23, 2007

Heart Condition

Last Sunday, Pastor Chuck gave a rockin' sermon on a heart condition. His title was "Easter is Never Over" but I wrote in my notes "Evidence of a Heart Condition". The FACT of the resurrection is a mere fable to the unbeliever until the EFFECT of the resurrection is clearly seen in the lives of Jesus' followers.

Genuine Christians practice practical and observable love.

Six Evidences That Easter is Still in Your Heart

1. You experience Jesus' presence with you.

  • do I live daily with an awareness of his presence?
  • am I growing in my relationship with him?

2. You recover expection and excitement for what's ahead.

  • Lord, I commit this day to you and I am expecting encounters with you.

3. You enjoy and intimacy of fellowship with Jesus.

4. You have direction for your life.

  • you have a sense of purpose. Your life is not hit-or-miss.

5. You have a vibrant testimony to share.

6. You have a joyous release in your spirit.

  • You aren't a bummer to be around. There is sense of hope, of excitement, of what lies ahead. Life doesn't rule you. God does.

This last one about a joyous release in my spirit. I struggle with that one. I do let life get me down at times. I do worry, I do fret and I do frown. I know in my heart that life has it's struggles, but should they control me? I think not. But, I let them sometimes. And I know that when that happens, I find myself becoming anxious, depressed, a BUMMER TO BE AROUND. I do not want that.

This message from him really hit home for me. Maybe all of you out there in blogland get it. Maybe I am the only one that needs to be reminded that we are living for Christ and our lives should SHOW it. It should be evident to all. Not just the people that I tell with words but to all who know me, who see me, who interact with me. I should ooze the love of Christ and stop oozing the contemptable habit of judgementalism. Oooooh that hurts.

0 comments: