Thursday, September 27, 2007

My Task Tonight

In April, I painted the living with a top coat by ragging. I love the way it turned out. Well, when we took all of the pictures and other items off of the wall, we set them on the hearth (?) of the fireplace. My big huge French poster went right in front of the fireplace opening.


Now, September is almost over and I still have not hung the pics back up. Mostly because I didn't know where I wanted what and what I wanted to replace/get rid of/keep/etc. So tonight I decide that something is going to happen. I begin to sort through everything and then I get to the huge poster in the back of the pile of 14 framed items. Here is what was behind the poster.
I had completely forgotten that we covered up a huge mess of ash and dust and charred wood.

Now my issue is this. How in the world do I clean this up without completely ruining my new carpet. Anyone wanna come over and help?




5 comments:

Christy said...

ok, I know this one. Does your husband have one of those nice big shop vacs? Put an old sheet down and roll that baby inside, suck all the dirt out and dump it outside. We had a whole house fan put in last year and when the guy turned it on to test it everything from the fireplace that we had not cleaned out yet blew through my house.....ya' nice I know. So we shop vac'd it!

christy p said...

Christy stole my idea. It works tho, as we have done it. :)

tjep said...

I lay a sheet in front and take the ol' dust pan and handled brush and sweep the sucker. I place all the ashes in a trash bag v-e-r-y carefully!!!

Just don't sneeze!!! :)

Rhonda said...

Shop vacs are awesome. If not, I would tape some painter's tarp over the carpet just in case you spill a little as you shovel it out.

Carmela said...

I must say I really do not envy you. HATE when I discover "surprises" like that.