Thursday, October 4, 2007

A Fireman's Life For Me

Last week, my fireman husband Lenny worked with Christy P's husband. Well, Christy went to visit her husband and brought along a little goodie for Lenny to bring home to me. And if you read her blog, you know what her goodies look like. They look GOOD! Here is what she brought for me....

It was spectacular with my perfect cup of coffee last weekend. Too bad my kids got a slice of it leaving me with only 3/4 of it! Thank you Christy!
Speaking of my fireman, here is one of the many reasons why I love being married to one. We always get to do cool things that with any other job just wouldn't be possible. The kids and I went out to Corona to visit Lenny. He is currently on a 120 (working 5 days in a row. 120 hours STRAIGHT). We had also planned on checking out a skate park that is right near his station. But if we went to the park, then we obviously wouldn't be at the station to visit dad. And, it was right at lunch time.

Here is the solution: Lenny told his crew that if they would stop by the skate park, he would buy them lunch. So, I went to Burger Basket and bought lunch for all of us and we ate it in the park under a tree. HOW COOL IS THAT? And to make it better, they got a call while they were there. We all got to see them take off in the fire engine with lights and sirens going. I am 38 and I still love watching that.
And here is Jacob loving the skate park.

6 comments:

Christy said...

Great post! I am 33, have been married to my FF husband for almost 11 years and your right on the money; we get to do stuff other people don't, and seeing them take off on a call never gets old! I still get a lump in my throat crazy I know!! :)

Carmela said...

VERY cool! I love the little glimpses of life with a firefighter. Really interesting.

tjep said...

How sweet is that?! Is it a poundcake? It looks so delicious!
Also Donna, we have to plan a day to go to the skate park at El Dorado!
I agree, how cool it must be to be able to get your whole crew to visit your wife and kids!

tjep said...

BTW, you've been tagged! Go to my blog and check it out! :)

It took me a while so don't worry!

Rhonda said...

That is awesome. And now that you're homeschooling you can do that whenever you want.

christy p said...

Yeah...looks like a lot of fun...and I am so glad you liked the banana choc. chip bread! ((hugs))