Sunday, January 20, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things!

You know those precious moments when your children just humiliate you? Well, something happened a few weeks ago that a friend reminded me of today.

I was teaching in Kids' Church about obedience. We were doing a Sword Drill where you quickly look up verses that someone yells out. I had thrown out a few but on the last one, Philippians 2:14 Do everything without complaining or arguing, I say to all of the kids, "This one is my favorite verse. My kids know that I believe in the verse with all of my heart. What is it Jacob?"

He screams out, "Genesis 2:25 And the husband and wife were both naked and felt no shame."

Apparently, he has sensed my enthusiam over that verse a few too many times.

6 comments:

Christy said...

whew-hew! Go Donna!!!! ;)

tjep said...

HA...HA...I am bursting out loud right now!!!! I love it!

Right on, Jacob!

christy p said...

That is too funny.

Less than 48 hours to go....ya ready??? :)

Debbie said...

That's hysterical!! I LOVE Jacob!!

Lori said...

That's my favorite verse too! What a coincidence!

Carmela said...

LOL!!!