Saturday, March 29, 2008

Easter Fun


Ok, so it has been a few days since Easter. I was all hot to post these pictures right away - say maybe Monday or Tuesday. Then I got hit with what we now believe to be a gall bladder attack. Been almost flat on my back since Monday night. I am soooo wiped out so I don't have much to say. But these pics are cool. I soooo want to share!

We started with Good Friday. Grandma came over to help decorate eggs and fill the baskets. She is wrought with dementia but I tell, this woman thought it was a hoot to dye eggs. On a separate note, notice the "Gulp" from 7-11? It was hot that day so when I got my refill, I got her a baby diet coke. She gasped when she saw hers and declared, "I will never finish this." She did. She's hooked. She has come to the dark side with me!

Remember how mad I was at myself for not getting Jacob's hair cut for Rhonda's wedding. Two weeks later..still not cut. But the next morning, off we went. He is now tidy lookin'.One of the fun things about having Grandma come over is that she brings her fun toys.

Resurrection Day. Oh my gosh, I love celebrating on this day. To think that Christ lives after a gruesome crucifixion. Wooooaah. He was born for us, he died for us and now he lives for us. What an incredible display of his amazing power and love for us. I have always ALWAYS believed that if everyone would just hear the story of his death and resurrection with their whole heart and mind, they would want him. Why wouldn't they?

Off to church.Aunt Karen's pool later that afternoon. What a great day. My family is a bit, uhmmm, unconventional. Most of them don't really care for turkey at Thanksgiving - although we do have it, we have Mexican food at Christmas and now this year for Easter, fish tacos. Go figure. But man, these peeps are fun!

Lenny's still got it! Looking for eggs. That's my bro-in law, Bob. Notice is shirt says "SpongeBob?" Jacob and Kyle. Jacob is a mini-me personality of Kyle. Kyle is NUTS! Seriously he is not afraid of anything at all. And Jacob is just like him. Everytime I look at this pic of Sarah and my niece Shelby, I think of Sharpay from High School Musical and start humming "Fabulous".
Kyle's new underwater camera photos. I want this camera.
See ya!

4 comments:

Christy said...

those pictures were sooo much fun! Loved them. I hope you are feeling better soon poor thing. I will pray for you tonight. I agree with you that if all hear all will receive. Thats why we are here. I LOVE that about Christ. he has mercy when we have none and shows grace when we cant even begin to find words for someone. I heard a great quote this week; A saint has a history and a sinner has a future. Love it!!

Rhonda said...

I love Sarah's fingernails. And that haircut is lookin' good. Looks like you guys had a fabulous Easter. I hope you're feeling better.

Carmela said...

Looks like a VERY fun Easter!! Ashley will be dying of jealousy when she finds out that your kids SWAM on Easter Sunday :)

I want the underwater camera, too.

Are you feeling back to normal yet?

christy p said...

Oh awesome photos Donna. I love Sarah's fingernails!!!

Sorry to hear about your gal bladder. Let me know what happens at your appt. tomorrow.

It was GREAT chatting with you on the phone today. Thanks for helping me with the pranks! hee hee