Thursday, March 27, 2008

I Love Lenny!

There are many reasons why I love and adore my hottie husband. I could exhaust the list and bore you with all of the reasons, but for now, I will share just one of them.

He takes excellent care of me. Let me explain.

On Monday night/Tuesday morning at midnight, I woke up with excruciating pain in my back, my right side, and my abdomen. While all of the areas were unbearable, there was one particular spot right under my right rib cage that was even more substantial.

I could not breathe, I could not move, and I could not even think straight to decide if I should call 9-11. I have never, ever contemplated calling 9-11 in my life. Somehow, I managed to bear it through the night until he came home from work the next morning. He rubbed out the spasms in my back, got a heating pad, brought water, all of the usual things one might do.

By noon, I could not stand it anymore. I was going to urgent care. But then he had a brilliant idea. He called our friend, Chloe, who is a house call P.A. She prescribed a muscle relaxer. He immediately had it filled and raced home to give me the prescribed ONE pill. I took another making it TWO pills at once. People, seriously at this point I did not care if my heart stopped. I needed relief - although I vaguely remember being a bit anxious as to if my bladder or bowel muscles would relax too much.

At 2pm on Tuesday, I fell asleep. I woke up this morning, Wednesday at 9:30am. I slept for 19.5 hours. Holy cow.

Here is the the mushy lovin' stuff. He never once got impatient with me or my groaning. He lovingly took care of me and my needs. And not just my physical needs, he took care of my need to care for the kids. He just swooped right in, took over, never bothered me, just knew what to do. He went to Blockbuster and rented movies and a Wii game for Jacob. He did it all. Laundry, dinner, everything.

I woke up this morning, still very much in pain but not as acute as before. He put in a movie for me and went out to mow the lawn. He finished the laundry, let me sleep here and there and just was the man that he is.

This is in no way whatsoever foreign behavior. He is always like this. He is a doer, a giver, a servant and a pleaser. He is like this all of the time. But when push comes to shove, he shines even more.

It is 1am right now. I can not sleep. He can not stay awake. I look at him, exhausted and resting. I love him soooo much my heart aches sometimes at how lucky I am. Ok, luck has nothing to do with it, but golly, I have a long list of reasons why I do not deserve this man.

I guess the reason why I say this publicly is because too often I don't build him up with my words of affirmation. I think it is a sin. After all, look at this passage from Proverbs.

Proverbs 15:23 (The Message)
Congenial conversation—what a pleasure! The right word at the right time—beautiful!


Proverbs 15:23 (New International Version)
A man finds joy in giving an apt reply— and how good is a timely word!


I love you, Lenny Gisbert with all of my heart.




3 comments:

Debbie said...

That's great Donna - Lenny ROCKS!!! You have a great husband and daddy. I think when we girls get together we do tend to gripe about our hubbies....those little things....and don't affirm them enough. Great post. We all love Lenny now! Let me know if you need anything.

Brandi said...

Thank you for shareing this story...I loved it...

Christy said...

Loved it! Your right we dont deserve our amazing spouses but isnt amazing how Gods grace comes in and it has nothing to with what we really "deserve"? I hope you feel better.