Thursday, March 20, 2008

I spoke too soon!

Remember how I said it was going to be a great day. I think I should have waited before declaring such wonderous news.

On the way to the store guess what happened?

Another stray. Can you stinkin' believe that?

After the Skittles fiasco yesterday, I thought that I would never pick up another dog. Sarah wailed and moaned all day, all evening and even cried herself to sleep last night. "Please call the owner and ask her if she really wants her dog." "It is not fair, she should just let us keep him." "I would give up everything in my room to keep him." WWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa boooooo hooooooooo.

I am not at all a dog lover. I mean I love our dog but some people are just animal lovers. Not me. Dogs are cool but if we didn't have one, ok. No biggie. But something is going on inside of me because right now as we speak, in our backyard, this is happening....

and it is just so darn cute. Jack has yet another playmate. This dog, however, is extemely dirty and is in desperate need of a bath and the skilled scissors, especially around his bangs.

While I was downloading the pics of the new mutt, I get a phone call. It is Bobbie, Skittles mom. She wants to bring something to Sarah to say thanks for rescuing her dog. She gave her a beautiful Easter basket and a Trader Joe's bag full of goodies as a sign of her appreciation.

This is Bobbie and Sarah.

It was so great that she came over because Sarah saw just how much Skittles is loved by his owner and what a great thing she did. We talked a lot last night about doing the right thing even when it hurts. We may never be thanked or rewarded but Jesus always sees what we do. This was a fantastic life experience for her. And, to make it even better, she actually got a reward!



UPDATE* Just looked through the basket with Sarah. She got a bag of Skittles!


SECOND UPDATE! I just looked through the Trader Joe's bag and found Kettle Korn, Lobster Ravioli, Meatballs, and other goodies only found there. Also a card saying thank you with - drumroll please- an It's A Grind gift card and a McDonald's gift card! Holy Smokes.

Bobbie, I know you are going to read this. Really, thank you for the incredibly thoughtful gift. Clearly you put a lot of time and effort into both the basket and the TJ's goodies. Then to go to McD's and It's A Grind. Wow. We are going to have a great Easter Vacation! It was a pleasure meeting you yesterday and again this morning. Thank you for being a part of this life lesson for our daughter.



1 comments:

tjep said...

Awwwww....see how the blessings overflow! What a wonderful lesson! I, myself, am touched by Sarah and Skittles!