Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Lucy, Jack and Skittles

This week has been a plethora of dog activity for us. And, in usual Gisbert form, one of the stories is quite comical.


First of all, our neighbor just got the most adorable Golden Retriever. Her name is Lucy and she is a doll. Sarah is in LOVE with this animal. Nothing too exciting about this anecdote other than Lucy crawled all over Sarah's head.

The story that you will chuckle over but me, I fumed while it was all in progress. Jack sleeps in a crate in the front bedroom in a corner. That room is also the room where we do most of our schooling. It is filled with a mountain of clothes, closet and bathroom items and all of the other things that normally go in there. We are remodeling the back bathroom right now so it seems as though EVERYTHING is piled in there. I will show pics in the next post.


Anyhoo, back to Jack. Yesterday morning, I went in there to let him outside and to feed him. As soon as I opened the door, I was overwhelmed by the enormous stench of dog poop. But this wasn't just normal poo, I knew something was up.



I had to navigate through the Home Depot ladder that is housing all of my clothes to find the crate to let the poo poo dog out. As I look over at him, he and his bedding are covered in dog diarrhea. "Oh noooooo." I pick him up, get it all over me, crawl back through my clothes and literally ban him from my presence. Then I go back to get his crate. Lenny comes in to help but he and I can not both fit in that tiny area with the ladder. So I hand him the crate over the ladder and my clothes. It is heavy so I drop it on top of the ladder. And wouldn't you know it? There was poo poo juice on the side of the crate and guess where it plops down??? My blue suede jacket.


One of my friends is on a missions trip with her middle schooler daughter. Her son is staying with us this week. He comes into the room, takes a huge breath and his eyes glaze over with disgust. He plugs his nose and lets out a huge "Ewwwwwwwweeeeeeee, Mrs. Gisbert did you pass gas?" I told him what happened and he starts laughing uncontrollably. He thinks Jack having diarrhea is the funniest thing ever. He goes outside, examines the crate and violated bedding and declares, "yep that is diarrhea alright."


I was sooooo disgusted by the sight of it all, that I took advantage of trash day being on Tuesday. I bagged it all up and put it out at the curb. Didn't wash any of it. Just tossed it. I could not take it. I just hosed off the crate, sprayed it with bleach and took a deep breath of fresh air.



What does Jack do while we are disinfecting the house??? Just soaks up the sun and enjoys his lazy life.

Then this morning on the way to school, I almost hit a runaway dog. This tiny dog just took off running through a very busy intersection. Sarah begged me to stop and pick it up but we were on our way to school. And, I am always a bit leary of picking up a stray with kids in the car. How would I know that the dog wouldn't bite Sarah? We get the kids to school, I stop at 7-11 for a refill and we head home.

Sarah says that I should have stopped for the dog. I agreed but by now, 15 minutes later, the likelihood of the dog being around is nil. As soon as I said that, we see the tiny canine flying through the intersection again in the opposite direction. We follow it, find it, catch and call the owner. We see that his name is Skittles. We left a message and decide to take him home until we hear from the owner.

Of course my 7 year old girl falls in love with the dog. She thanks me profusely for stopping, reminds me to keep my cell with me to get the call from the owner, and just reassures the dog that "mom" will come soon for him.The phone rings and Sarah FLIPS out. It is the owner, hysterical because she was shopping and had left the dog in the car. When she came out, she found her car door open and the dog gone. She thought someone had let it go.

She came to pick up Skittles and Sarah lost it. The lady is crying, Sarah is unconsolable, and Jack is howling at the top of his lungs because he wants some of the dog humping action with this stranger. I am giggling because I just can not comprehend what is happening. I feel bad for Sarah but she is carrying like the world has stopped. She moans, "I hate this day. Why, why, why was I ever born?" She sounds like Job crying out.

Here is the part that sent me over the edge. The lady thanks me over and over and over for taking care of Skittles and being a dog lover. Oh lady, you should be thanking Sarah. I wanted to just keep driving.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

You don't have much luck with suede. As I recall, your suede boots got destroyed by the overflowing poo poo toilet last year. And if it makes you feel any better, I was feeling your pain and didn't laugh until I read the part about your young house guest asking if you'd passed gas when he walked in the room. Sorry to say I continued laughing reading about Sarah's drama when Skittles' owner came to pick him up. I have drama in my house like that quite often from one of my boys, so I laugh with you on that one.

christy p said...

Totally busting up over here....You did a good thing picking up Skittles though. Good mommy!

Carmela said...

I would have thrown everything out, too. DISGUSTING!!

Sorry about your blue suede jacket--know how much you LOVED it.

Tell Sarah I feel very badly for her. :(

DonnaG said...

YOu know what Rhonda. You are right about the boots. I forgot about that. Now I feel even more frustrated. Thanks :)