Saturday, March 15, 2008

Sarah's Recipe for Chicken Noodle Soup

I had mentioned to Sarah this morning that I wanted to try a new recipe for Tortilla Soup with Chipotle Shrimp. She merrily agreed and went off on her own. She skips back in to tell me that she would prefer Chicken Noodle Soup but only if it were her recipe. Here it is.

Noodles
Chicken
Powder
More chicken
Rock salt
Regular salt
Sugar Powder
More chicken
"What is it? It goes with Salt," she asks. "Pepper", I reply. "Yeah, that's right, pepper, you need pepper."
Broth
More noodles
Sugar
carrots

"First you put the broth and then you put the chicken and the noodles in. Then the rock salt then the sugar then the regular salt. Carrots and whatever else I forgot on the list, you just dump it in. Cook it for however long you usually cook other things."

Hmmm. Looks like a science project to me.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh yum. Bruce's mom said he made a couple of nice dishes for her when he was young.

Christy said...

YUMMY! Thanks Sara, cant wait to try it! ;)

Carmela said...

I think you have a chef in the making, lol! You should keep this post; she'll get such a kick out of it when she's older :)

Thanks for sharing. Made my day.

tjep said...

Sounds good! I love it! Too cute!