Friday, July 4, 2008

I stink at blogging

I admit it. I stink at keeping up with this blog. It seems that the more stuff I have to post about, the more I put it off.

Too busy? Overwhelmed with the plethora of material I possess? Think it is drivel? Who knows why, but I do.

Ok, for today's exciting post, I am going to direct you to the California Department of Foresty. Click on Statewide Fire Map. You will be BLOWN away at the number of fires happening right now.

The one most personal to us, you ask? The Basin Fire in Big Sur. The are surrounding Big Sur is literally burning down right now. The sweet little town is threatened and it is not looking to good. Pfeiffer Big Sur is our all time favorite camping place ever ever ever. We were there not even a week before all of this took place.

2 comments:

Christy said...

ugh, fires everywhere and its not even fire season! We had one here in Yucaipa but I think its about out now and it didnt threaten any homes. Dan was called onto the strike team for that one. I dont know if its the best time of year for him to get involved as a strike team commander? Maybe I should rethink telling him to "go for it" a few months ago! ;)

Rhonda said...

I stink at blogging too. Really, I just get too busy to sit at my computer.

I love the Big Sur pictures and I'm not surprised at all that Jacob made it to the top of the rock with Lenny. It all looks soooo refreshing. I am sweating it out here in Hanford. It is supposed to be 110 today. We will be finding a friend's pool to invade.
I'm glad you had a great trip. We have friends visiting from San Bernardino all week this week and then we leave for Colorado (driving) on Tuesday and will be gone for 2 weeks. So that means blogging will probably be even more scarce this month.
GREAT to hear from you! We are praying for you guys, actually all of our firefighter friends and their families, during this time of fires.
Lots of love to you!!!!