Monday, September 22, 2008

Soy Latte


I went to Starbucks the other morning to get a latte just before working in Sarah's class. I had offered to bring her teacher something also. While I am ordering her drink, I have uncontrollable giggles. Now this is not going to be funny at all to any of you who do understand Spanish.


She asked me to get her a Soy Latte. To me, "soy" ALWAYS translates to "I am" in Spanish. I never ever think of soy beans, soy milk, soy anything. I always think the Spanish translation first. Habit I suppose.


I am ordering her drink and I can not say the words. Her drink in Spanish means "I am hot milk" in English. It is a pretty good possibility that the barista in green had no clue what came over me. But me, it cracked me up.


Ok, go on to your life. This post was stupid I know.

2 comments:

Christy said...

your too cute! I love when things tickle me like that, although I am afraid it frightens many people. ;)

Rhonda said...

Not stupid at all. Bruce orders soy chai latte, and we have joked about this.